Swipe left and right.
1. As a form of trespass to the person, it shares some features with the other trespasses. These include: an intentional act, must be the direct act of the defendant inter alia.
2. Total restriction of movement in all directions.
3. The restriction must be without any lawful justification.
4. Lack of consent by the person detained.
1. The plaintiff must be restricted from moving in all directions.
2. There is a total restriction of movement if the available directions of movement will result in personal harm to the plaintiff.
3. There can be a total restriction of movement in an open field such as a football field.